5 Steps to Take Control of your Fertility
If you have been having trouble conceiving, it is time to take control of your fertility. It is important to keep in mind that every person is different and when it comes to conceiving, what worked for one person may not work for the next. Therefore, it is important to listen to your body and take the proper steps to understanding your cycle. Below are a few ways in which you can take control of your fertility:
- Adjust your diet. As the saying goes, “you are what you eat.” If you have been unsuccessfully trying to conceive, it may be time to take a serious look at your diet. There is no evidence that eating certain foods will increase your chances of conception, however, healthy eating is likely to have a positive influence on your health, which may make conception easier. Talk to your doctor about your diet, such as foods to avoid while trying to conceive.
- Get to know your body. If you aren’t tracking your cycle, now is the time to start. Your body sends signals of your fertility and it is up to you to listen. Taking your basal temperature each morning before you get out of bed and making note of your cervical mucus are just two ways that you can learn more about your cycle and take control of your fertility. If you know when you ovulate, your chances for conception enhance, so pay attention to what your body is telling you. If you are interested in learning more about charting your cycle, we can help.
- Undergo testing. If you have been trying to conceive for a year or more with no luck, it may be time for you and your partner to undergo fertility testing. Fertility testing can make sure that your bodies are doing what they should and that everything is working properly. If a problem is found, your doctors will work with you to determine the best course of action and discuss next steps.
- Do your own research. If you have been diagnosed with an imbalance or fertility issue, learn as much as you can on the topic. When it comes to taking control of your fertility, knowledge is power. The better you understand your diagnosis, the better you will understand how to overcome your obstacles.
- Seek help. It is okay to ask for help. Fertility experts are here to guide you through your journey to parenthood and they want you to succeed as much as you want to succeed. Therefore, if you are having difficulty conceiving, take control of your fertility by visiting a specialist who has proven results, such as the team at Carolinas Fertility Institute.
Learn More About Taking Control of Your Fertility
If you are exploring fertility clinics, we invite you to learn more about Carolinas Fertility Institute. Our team is an expert in helping women achieve their dream of pregnancy. Review our pregnancy success rates as reported to SART and request an appointment today.