Latest Update: 12.17.2020
Our practice is following recommendations from the ASRM COVID-19 Task Force regarding the COVID-19 vaccine. At this time, guidance only pertains to the Pfizer vaccine and we will update guidance as the recommendations change. Here is a summary of ASRM’s latest recommendations regarding vaccination, preconception, pregnancy and breastfeeding
- The ASRM Task Force does not recommend withholding the vaccine from patients who are planning to conceive, who are currently pregnant, or who are lactating.
- Patients undergoing fertility treatment and pregnant patients should be encouraged to receive vaccination based on eligibility criteria.
- Because COVID-19 mRNA vaccines are not composed of live virus, they are not thought to cause an increased risk of infertility, first or second trimester loss, stillbirth, or congenital anomalies.
- While COVID-19 vaccination can cause fever in some patients (up to 16% of those vaccinated and mostly after the second dose), this risk should not be a concern when deciding whether to vaccinate a pregnant individual or a patient desiring pregnancy.
- Patients who conceive in the window between the first and second dose of the vaccine should be offered the second dose of the vaccine at the appropriate interval.”
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, CFI is practicing social distancing and taking other recommended measures. CFI will continue to schedule new patient consultations via telemedicine and will provide information to anyone with questions about treatment of infertility.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a consultation with Dr. Tamer Yalcinkaya, Dr. Tolga Mesen or Dr. Kristen Cain, or call one of the below numbers:
Ovulation induction and intrauterine insemination procedures will be scheduled after April 6th.
Nursing questions should be directed to:
- Charlotte – email@example.com
- Charlotte – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greensboro – email@example.com
- Winston-Salem/Triad – firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Virginia – email@example.com
Financial and all other questions should be directed to:
Ask the Doctor questions should go to: